American Tower Communications Specialist in Boston, Massachusetts
Reporting to the Vice President, Communications and Employee Development,the Communications Specialist will focus on global internal communications. Theideal candidate will have experience in researching, writing, preparing andediting business communication vehicles that include employee news, announcements,intranet content and event communications. In addition to writing and editing,this role requires basic design skills, particularly in the development ofprofessional PowerPoint presentations. The Communications Specialist will alsoassist in the planning and coordinating of employee meetings and events. This roleinvolves creativity, attention to detail, and the ability to write and edit forvarious formats.The person in this role must demonstrate attentionto detail and comfort working to deadlines.
- Develops and reviews communications for internal, global audiences that engage and inform.
- Collaborates with employees across the organization to identify, write and edit articles, web copy, emails, invitations, scripts and other collateral.
- Assists with the planning of both on and off-site meetings and events for Company and business units.
- Assists in the administration of the Company intranet and develops content for the site.
- Develops creative and professional PowerPoint presentations.
- Coordinates the preparation and distribution of materials to employees.
- Manages deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously and is responsible for keeping the internal communications calendar up to date.
- Provides administrative support including, but not limited to, translation management, invoice management and other daily administrative duties.
- Responsiblefor the safeguarding of all personal information as required by data privacy laws,Company policies, and department processes
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to create effective written, oral and web content across internal audiences and platforms
- Ability to work and communicate with team members at all levels and in all locations via phone, e-mail and face-to-face to professionally achieve results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software applications (e.g., InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and projects, and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks, respond to requests and to collaborate with others in developing high quality solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’sdegree (BA) preferred
- Two(2) – four (4) years related experience required
- Two(2) years of business writing required
- SharePointintranet administration experience preferred and HTML experience a plus
- Eventplanning experience helpful
- Knowledgeof videography a plus
Job: Spl Comm
Title: Communications Specialist
Requisition ID: 170000DC