PPG Industries Commercial Color and Design Consultant in Boston, Massachusetts
PPG: We protect and beautify the world. At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us: With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally. * Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged. Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
Show your colors to the world! Join us as a COLOR & DESIGN CONSULTANT !
• Our commercial color designers help customers choose the perfect paint colors for any project—from hotels to new homes to office buildings to health care and senior living. They offer design services with an eye for the occupied space and how color interacts with furniture, window treatments, flooring and accessories. Every Color & Design Specialist brings their own style while listening to and understanding the customer’s voice.
• Organize, plan and execute trade show presentations, providing color training and color trends to prospects and to PPG store and sales colleagues.
• Support architectural reps by conducting joint calls and CEU presentations for firms and specifiers.
• Hold leadership position in at least one local chapter of one or more of the following professional organizations: ASID, IIDA, and NKBA.
• Call on commercial interior designers to secure color spec share.
• Have the ambition to solidify as a subject matter expert on color theory, relationship of color and human behavior/interaction, and customer color schemes and palettes.
The ideal candidate must have a four-year marketing or color-related, interior design degree , plus two years’ experience in customer outreach, sales revenue and brand recognition .
The position requires the ability to do “on-the-spot color consultations” and recommendations to consumers, hotels, office building owners, new homebuilders, and education and retail customers. Ability to communicate, present and negotiate well are essential. Other fundamental focus areas will be to develop and coach field sales teams and to implement a measurement system that demonstrates training effectiveness.
Flexibility of hours as some evenings and weekends will be expected.
The ability to travel 20% of regionally as you reach into new markets and present to various audiences.
Prior experience in the paint and coatings industry.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop /Illustrator.
Experience with Social media strategies in Color & Design Consulting.
Title: Commercial Color and Design Consultant
Requisition ID: 1700000148