Gensler Architectural Designer in Boston, Massachusetts
Careers Site Location:Boston, MA, US
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
As a Gensler Architectural Designer, you will have the opportunity to build your architectural and design career by joining a team that turns ordinary spaces into works of art. Our commitment to collaboration and mentoring makes Gensler the perfect place to nurture your career.
What You Will Do
As an Architectural Designer, you will support the Design Director in creation and development of overall design concepts, formulate design presentation strategies, and provide creative and process leadership to multiple design teams through all phases of projects.
· 7+ years of architecture and design experience with a strong background designing multiple building typologies of varying scale
· Bachelor of Architecture required, advanced degree in Architecture preferred
· Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Studio Max, SketchUp, Rhino, Grasshopper, Adobe Suite
· Desire to develop strong leadership, management, and mentoring skills
· Construction documentation and/or design detail development experience
· Previous experience creating and developing overall design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies
· International experience is a plus
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Outstanding graphic presentation skills
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our teams’ diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.