Steris Account Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Surgical Account Manager
Our Mission: At STERIS plc, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are: STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries, including: IMS, US Endoscopy, Albert Browne Limited, Eschmann
The Surgical Account Manager at STERIS is responsible for the overall financial performance and Customer satisfaction in the assigned territory. This is accomplished by meeting yearly sales goals, driving growth in market share from competitors, and assuring that all Customer experiences are positive, noteworthy and exceeding expectations. The Account Manger acts as a
primary contact and sales consultant accountable for the Customer experience. He/She is responsible for selling all products in the surgical portfolio including IT related video integration along with the traditional suite of Surgical tables, lights, booms, stainless and service contracts. The Account Manager is the quarterback for all Customer projects in their area (renovation to new construction) from inception through implementation orchestrating both internal and external resources to ensure Customer satisfaction. The capital Account Manager is expected to appropriately balance their time selling the Company’s established line of products as well as all new product introductions. Using their consultative selling skills and competencies and thorough understanding of the industry and market need, the Account Manager focuses on positioning the Company’s products and services to provide solutions for our Customers.
• Actively identifies profitable revenue growth opportunities while maintaining account retention in assigned territory.
• Responsible for selling all products in the Surgical portfolio including healthcare video integration along with the traditional suite of surgical tables, lights, booms, stainless and service contracts.
• Drives the sales of integration and hybrid suites by demonstrating a deep understanding of the products, the needs of the clinicians and clinical information required. Understands the need to integrate divergent information sources to increase decision making confidence during procedures, improve workflow and promote better patient outcomes. Partners with the ORI Sales Specialist leveraging their deep technical knowledge of the products to close the sale when addressing the C-suite (i.e. CIO).
• Calls on a wide spectrum of call point within hospitals and integrated delivery networks, including C-suite (CEO, CFO, CMO), OR leadership, Risk Management, Materials Management, Bio-Medical, Infection Prevention Practitioners, surgeon and nursing staff.
• Develops and maintains consultative sales relationships with all key-buying influences in each account and continuously strengthens those relationships by both frequent communication and on-going self-education of the industry changes. Identifies and responds to key account technical and departmental decision makers’ needs.
• Maintains complete knowledge of each account’s history, contacts, and current and long-term purchase plans for designated products.
• Develops relationships with Customers in OR, ICU (all Critical care), ED, MM, Biomed, Infection Prevention, Risk Management, Architects, Equipment Planners, Surgeons/Physicians and the CEOs, COOs, CNOs and CFOs.
• Possesses a strong working knowledge of STERIS products and services (clinical applications, functions, features, and benefits) and how to properly position them as viable Customer solutions. Understands and effectively presents technical literature and how it applies to solving the Customer needs.
• Provides product demonstration, presentations and in-servicing based upon Customer’s needs.
• Organizes and runs successful trails within the territory while adhering to the EEP Program. Manages mock room trials, where needed.
• Prepares analysis and develops the overall package for new sales. Negotiates Customer agreements while leveraging the complete product/services offering from STERIS working closely with our sales Business unit’s counterparts and National/Corporate Account Teams to finalize sales. Ensures thorough knowledge of GPO contracts and their application to individual Account and IDN Health Systems. Maintains constant communication with all internal and external parties during the progression of the sales transaction.
• Acts as a quarterback for all Customer projects (renovation to new construction) from inception through implementation orchestrating both internal and external resources to ensure Customer satisfaction. Ensures order processing, architectural service, construction, and shipment schedules to equipment installation are orderly and timely by communicating with all appropriate support functions (Project Managers, Traffic, Customer Service, Technical Service, etc)
• Develops and implements annual business plans for territory/assigned accounts including, but not limited to, opportunity development, competitive strategies and targets to drive sales growth. Maintains and grows market share of all designated product/services. Consistently analyzes to improve and develop their franchise. Obtains highest margin and revenue sales goals by providing solution based opportunities for the Customer
• Forecasts orders and sales on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis. Understands and strives to provide accurate forecasts to be used for both manufacturing and financial reporting.
• Provides analysis and reporting on win/loss and required business metrics as required.
• Maintains thorough current and competitive product knowledge and clear understanding of market dynamics in order to match Company products and services to solve Customer needs.
• Consistently studies and shares with peer’s competitive information gleaned from a variety of sources e.g. web searches, professional periodicals, Customer newsletters, Customer interactions and professional organizations.
• Records Customer feedback and complaint information through the proper quality processes and channels.
• Balances priorities so as to manage current Customer needs while reserving adequate time to prospect new business opportunities.
• Effectively manages and utilizes company provided sales resources to maximize sales outcomes while providing best solutions to Customers e.g. EEP inventory Management, Mock Room Equipment, SSI Inventory, E-Quote Informatica.
• Regularly interfaces with both STERIS and other pertinent business partners to enhance overall knowledge of market, products and services.
• Participates in local Chapters AORN, AACN/NTI or other relevant organizations including regional level buying groups.
• Participates as an active member of Customer professional organizations in meetings and conferences as an educator and or exhibitor.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree required (Business or Marketing preferred).
• 3 - 5 years’ sales experience consistently meeting/exceeding sales goals; minimum of 2 of the 3 years in successful B2B or medical device sales experience.
• Demonstrated success in selling IT solutions/video integration preferred.
• Successful history of selling new products, increasing product utilization, and protecting existing market share position.
• Experience in medical and capital equipment sales; experience selling to a variety of departments with an emphasis on the OR and SPD is preferred.
• Understanding of the hospital buying process including the role of National Accounts, GPO, IDN and Distributors preferred.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
• Demonstrated ability to build high level relationships.
• Executive presence and excellent presentation skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Demonstrated influencing skills and the ability to understand the needs of and including people ranging from nurses to C-suite level decision makers.
• Strong analytical and business acumen skills (capital and operational planning, P&L, knowledge of healthcare, etc.).
• Excellent negotiation and closing skills.
• Ability to travel as necessary (overnight).
• Must possess excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgement effectively.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills specifically relating to project and conflict management.
• Candidates must have a valid driver’s license issued in one of the 50 states and a clean driving record.
• Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 14,000 employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services. Visit https://www.steris.com/about/careers/ to learn more.
STERIS plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation(s) to complete this application and/or during the interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources department at 440-392-7047.
Requisition ID: 16088