Microsemi Corporation Marketing Product Line Manager - 5079 in Beverly, Massachusetts
Microsemi's Frequency and Time Division is looking for a Product Line Manager that will lead the continued growth of the Clock Business Unit's atomic clock and Aerospace portfolio's. These products include technologies that have been transformational and set the worlds standards for precision time and frequency.
- Develop product strategies to ensure the success of the product portfolio in existing and new markets. Communicate product strategies, features and functions. Prioritize and build a practical yet compelling roadmap for the products.
- Capture product requirements into a PRD / MRD and interact closely with Engineering to execute on roadmap features.
- Manage the product line performance working with Engineering, Operations, Quality and Executive Management
- Understand the business of the product line, and build effective go to market plans and programs in collaboration with Outbound Marketing. You will drive the launch of new products into targeted market segments.
- Manage closely the ecosystem and technology alliances necessary to execute the product strategy and roadmap.
- Serve as the company's source of knowledge and analysis for information related to market/technology trends, industry capital expenditures, market sizing (addressable and total), competitive analysis, product position and pricing.
- Work closely with the Sales organization to close major deals with leading commercial and DoD customers
- Possess, acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge within the Time and Frequency industry
- Drive the entire product life-cycle, pruning products as their business cycles are over, and initiating and introducing new ones to exploit market opportunities.
- BA or BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics and/or Management or Finance Discipline
- 5-10 years of experience in the Frequency and Timing or related Business
- Creative thinker with a "can do" approach
- Demonstrated expertise in product life-cycle management including product line pruning and EOL management.
- Knowledge of oscillators, frequency synthesis, atomic clocks and/or GPS instrumentation
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, across functional boundaries
- Analytical and strategic thinker with ability to execute
- Self-starter with strong teamwork skills
- MA or MS degree
- Outbound Marketing and collateral management experience
- Product Development experience
- Experience in working with Prime Contractors and the Department of Defense in winning large and complex contracts
- Understanding the requirements of Defense and/or Space products
- Demonstrated success in the conception and launch of new products and marketing programs
- Product price book management
- AS9100 and ISO-9000 expertise
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled