The MITRE Corporation Meetings and Event Planner in Bedford, Massachusetts
JobTitle Meetings and Event Planner
Job Highlights Corporate Communications and Public Affairs is looking for an experienced meeting professional to support a variety of internal and external events. Successful candidate will support team efforts and be responsible for project management and execution of large and small events. Responsibilities include planning, budgeting, and execution.
Why Should I Consider MITRE?
Working at MITRE at http://www.mitre.org/careers/working-at-mitre
• Consult and interact with clients, analyze their needs, provide recommendations and execute appropriate event strategies to achieve goals and objectives
• Coordinate external trade shows including coordination of the corporate booth
• Prepare project plans, timelines and reports as required for each event
• Work with teams throughout the organization, ensuring appropriate presence and messages are conveyed through internal and external event participation.
• Manage, implement and maintain quality standards and processes.
• Research industry best practices and propose processes to increase event efficiency and effectiveness
• Analyze the effectiveness of completed events to improve value of future projects
Location MA: Bedford Campus
• Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent knowledge of meeting planning processes with a minimum of 5 full time years of meeting planning experience.
Must have excellent contract negotiation and RFP/site selection experience.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
• Proactive self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
• Ability to develop and manage project plans & schedules
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and respond to changing schedules and priorities while successfully managing multiple projects within critical deadlines
• Strong consulting skills and ability to interface with corporate management and other high level clients.
• Ability to work event hours that extend before and after the business day
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Events, Business or related field with at least 5+ years full time experience in the meeting planning industry.
• Experience in a corporate communications or marketing environment for an engineering or research organization helpful.
Minimum Education/ Experience BS and 3 years related experience.
Travel Statement *This position will require overnight travel up to 10 % of the time as well as some local travel.
Clearance Not Required
Security Clearance is not required for this initial assignment. However for future opportunities a government security investigation may be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided No
Career Level Experienced
Professional Area Communications
Req ID 29476BR