The MITRE Corporation Innovation Communications in Bedford, Massachusetts
JobTitle Innovation Communications
Job Highlights MITRE is seeking a part time candidate who will serve as a Communications and Engagement Partner for Innovation Bridging activities in Boston. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned communicator with strong project management and planning skills and proven ability to plan, execute, measure and improve external partnerships in the Innovation Community.
Why Should I Consider MITRE?
Working at MITRE at http://www.mitre.org/careers/working-at-mitre
• Consult and work with senior management, analyze their needs, provide recommendations, and develop external events that will achieve stated goals
• Ensure a high level of quality and consistency in communications planning, project scheduling and project execution
• Conduct appropriate assessment of the innovation landscape within Boston to identify and recommend opportunities for engagement
• Support existing and ongoing MITRE engagements at MA Innovation Bridge, MassChallenge, and MassRobotics, as well as other innovation venue
• Analyze and document effectiveness of events, create design patterns for others in the company to replicate
• Coordinate closely with Corporate Communications, Legal Office, Technology Transition Office to ensure communication products and events are consistent and compliant with our MITRE brand.
Location MA: Bedford Campus
• Proficiency in developing business relationships and executing engagement events
• Proficiency in developing communications solutions that align to business goals
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Proven success navigating complex, sensitive issues with poise and decorum
• Outstanding project-management experience, including creating schedules, tracking tasks and hours, and ensuring that projects remain on schedule and on budget
• Politically savvy, able to maintain composure and clarity of thought and purpose when confronted with stressful situations
• Strong results-orientation and demonstrated ability to manage communications plans from concept through execution
• Strong consulting skills; demonstrated ability to work with executive and senior management to analyze problems, recommend appropriate communication solutions and facilitate more informed decisions
• Ability to manage indirect teams, vendors, and customers from multiple locations
• Ability to monitor best practices and deliver new, imaginative engagement solutions
• Demonstrated engagement with the Innovation Community
• One or more of the preferred qualifications
• Strong leadership, team building and collaboration skills
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and respond to changing schedules and priorities while successfully managing multiple projects
• Experience with STEM programs
Minimum Education/ Experience BS and 3 years related experience.
Travel Statement *This position will require overnight travel up to 10 % of the time as well as some local travel.
Clearance Not Required
Security Clearance is not required for this initial assignment. However for future opportunities a government security investigation may be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided No
Career Level Experienced
Professional Area Communications
Req ID 29520BR