Anthem Staff VP Specialty Products New Business Development (Large Group / National Segment)-135181 in Andover, Massachusetts
Responsible for leading development, execution and monitoring of strategies to grow and retain membership and related operating gain for Anthem’s Specialty Business Unit (Dental, Vision, Life and Disability) in the Large Group / National segment (employers 100 ) in partnership with theCommercial Business Segment.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
* Explores, defines, executes and monitors strategies to drive membership and operating growth to augment traditional sales activity.
* Works with Marketing Research and Insights team to develop and maintain understanding of customer (broker, employer and member) expectations and Anthem’s performance relative to the competitors
* Develops and maintains competitive intelligence along with periodic evaluation of competitor market share, capabilities and positioning
* Leads Specialty Large Group / National segment workstream comprised of product, marketing, sales, account management and finance to ensure a common understanding of the market, evaluate customer needs and develop and monitor key strategies across functions to grow and maintain Specialty membership and operating gain
* Tracks impact and metrics of overall segment performance and key strategies and adjusts as appropriate.
* Leads development and management of vendor relationship of digital partners responsible for enrollment, benefit administration and private exchanges.
* Serve in a consultative role to assist potential clients in understanding their business needs, then formulate solutions using Anthem’s Specialty offerings to solve for those needs.
* Leads development of Value Proposition in partnership with marketing and delivery of this value proposition and capabilities through the Specialty RFP response team * Participate in enterprise Segment Councils with cross-functional leaders * Hires, trains, coaches, counsels and evaluates performance of direct reports.
Requires a BA/BS; 10 years of experience in strategy financial analysis and business case development with direct exposure to health plan P&L operations; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.Dental, Vision and ,Life & Disabilityexperience preferred. MBA preferred.
Job Business Development/Planning
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Staff VP Specialty Products New Business Development (Large Group / National Segment)-135181
Requisition ID: 135181